Accounts Payable Automation
This solution makes possible the capture of information from incoming invoices (whether they be paper, fax or email based) and linking an image of those invoices to the transaction in your financial system. Benefits to our clients are profound and include:
- Resolution of storage and retrieval issues, including:
- The lack of physical space to store invoices
- Filing/misfiling and finding missing invoices
- More streamlined operation of Accounts Payable through:
- Faster, automated entry of invoice data to the financial system and reduction in delays in obtaining invoice approval
- Dramatically less keying and re-keying of information
- Automated checking of captured invoice data against its associated PO.
- The capability to display invoice images anywhere leading to cost savings in:
- Handling AP Audit and FOI requests
- Handling GST investigations
- Handling FBT return preparation enquiries.
The flow of information in a typical installation
The solution includes Kofax software and OCR/ICR implementation services to enable the above capabilities, and can be configured to easily integrate to your financial (ERP) system, whatever that may be.
Once installed, the Kofax technology provided by may lend itself to additional application throughout the enterprise. Typically the technology also finds uses within mailrooms, the capture of sick and annual leave forms, timesheets, travel and expense management processes etc. - indeed any place where the capture of paper/email based information is of value. This ability is enhanced by Kofax’s building block approach to licensing and Computron’s account management services, where clients can add additional capability easily as their needs grow.
The topology of a typical Oracle Financials installation
In the above diagram, the invoices are be scanned on a dedicated scanner, located in the Accounts Payable department, however the invoices can also be scanned from anywhere on networked scanners, including multi-function devices as shown.
If the invoices are stored on a web server, within the firewall, other systems (e.g. reporting systems etc.) can gain access to the invoice image via a web-link.
A sample information capture screen