The first document view/edit/PDF creation application for Microsoft Outlook streamlines business collaboration
IRVINE, Ca., Jul 17, 2015
- Lexmark International, Inc., a global technology leader, today announced the availability of Kofax View+™, the first document viewing, editing and PDF creation application for Outlook. Kofax View+ works directly with Outlook and Outlook for Office 365 user interfaces, allowing users to complete collaborative tasks – including image viewing and editing, document merging, and PDF creation – without leaving the Outlook application interface.
- Kofax View+ makes it easier to generate PDF documents, increasing productivity and fostering better collaboration throughout email workflows.
- Kofax View+ builds on the familiar Outlook interface reducing the need for formal user training.
- Remote deployment and centralized management of Kofax View+ reduces administrative costs when compared to locally-installed desktop applications with similar capabilities.
- Kofax View+ is a free showcase application that can be leveraged by enterprises of all sizes that rely on Outlook for document collaboration. Kofax View+ is available now in the Microsoft Office Store at www.store.office.com.
“Microsoft Office delivers exceptional workforce productivity and Microsoft Outlook is central to increased productivity through collaboration. Kofax View+ gives Outlook users-including Outlook for Office 365 users in the cloud-the ability to more easily create, manage and share familiar document types for improved communication that significantly streamlines the workflow process,” said David Caldeira, product marketing executive, Lexmark Enterprise Software.
“Office allows developers to build apps that extend the familiar Office and Office 365 experience across desktop, web and mobile platforms and as a result, reach more than one billion users worldwide,” said Steve Guggenheimer, corporate vice president, develop experience and evangelism at Microsoft. “Lexmark’s Kofax View+ is a great example of the kind of productivity and innovation that developers are bringing to Office customers around the world.”
“Since mid-2014, Gartner has seen a sharp increase in inquiries from organizations moving (or considering moving) their core collaboration and communications systems to cloud platforms. Client inquiries on this topic increased by 60% from 2013 to 2014.”
“Although penetration is far from universal, enterprise cloud office system adoption is becoming mainstream. The proportion of business users provisioned, in whole or in part, with office system capabilities from the cloud will grow from approximately 15% in 2015 to 60%, or approximately 700 million users, by 2022.1
1. Gartner, Inc., “Cloud Office Questions Begin the Shift From ‘If’ to ‘When’,” Jeffrey Mann, April 21, 2015.
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo, Open the possibilities and Kofax View+ are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.